Thursday, January 31, 2019

Review: Trying to Score

Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)Trying to Score by Toni Aleo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a doozy to read as the second book in the Assassin's series! Honestly, it made Elli and Shea's relationship troubles look like child's play!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

I'm not usually one to enjoy a "had a baby but didn't tell the baby daddy" story - usually they irritate me because who does that in real life?!? But this one had me on the edge of my seat. Like some of the other reviewers, Fallon was on my nerves, to begin with, due to her VERY BAD judgment about her son, and keeping him from his father. But over the course of the book, she grew on me as she grew up mentally, and learned what forgiveness was. Lucas - well that man is a saint. Not only did he manage to forgive Fallon and continue to adore her, but he settled into being a dad with such heart-wrenching ease. Lucas is the reason I really enjoyed this second novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment