Friday, February 15, 2019

Review: Breaking Away

Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)Breaking Away by Toni Aleo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Of the Assassins books, this one fell a little short for me. It was definitely a step up from Falling for the Backup, but then I'm not usually into novellas (not enough time to connect with the characters. Reese was too snappish and withdrawn for me to connect with her, truly. Meanwhile, I also couldn't really connect with Phillip. I couldn't determine if he was mourning the loss of his sister and what that meant for his neice, or if he was just really put out by the situation. I will say there were a lot of sweet moments between Reese and Claire and Phillip and Claire, but I struggled to really "get" the main characters. Bummer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment