Saturday, May 11, 2019

Out of the Ashes...

So I'm trying to reboot my book blog. For a long time, it has been short, inconsistent, and boring, TBH. It's time for a change.



This year, I'll be hitting a big number in terms of birthdays, and I want to accomplish something big. My goal: writing a blog post every day for the rest of the year. Ambitious? Yes. Possible? Also, yes. If only I don't let my OCD/anxiety win.

Here's a little insight into my brain every time I write (even reviews):
I should write reviews for every book I read this year. It'll be easy...
Well, maybe not easy if I put too much effort into it - like loading pics and making jokes. Plus, who is even going to waste their time reading this tripe? 
And I'll have to start it on a significant day. Like January 1st? Or at least the first day of the month? Or maybe exactly half way through the year? Because if I don't, it won't look right in the history of the blog. And people might judge me for that - if anyone reads it. 
Honestly, why am I putting this pressure on myself? I want to write my own novel, but I keep reviewing others? But I love to read, and spread my love of reading, so this is the next logical step right? But who the hell is going to even visit the blog?!?
I might as well give up and forget it.
Plus it isn't the right time to start...
And I'll fail my goal anyway...
Because who has the time...
or the energy..
This time, I'm not letting that voice win. I'm going to attempt this goal, and if I fail, I will just have to deal with it. I want to find some meaning in my reading, even if it is a short story that made me smile. I might even write some non-review posts about my struggles with anxiety and mental health - I think that is also extremely important to share and break the stigma.

So here goes nothing...


No comments:

Post a Comment