Friday, February 15, 2019

Review: Whiskey Neat

Whiskey Neat (Uncertain Saints MC, #1)Whiskey Neat by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After reading JR Ward's brilliant Bourbon country series, I was jonesing for something vaguely related. And while this looked promising - after all, I love a good MC romance - it didn't quite connect with my hopes. I dig that the MC is full of current or ex law enforcement officers and I also enjoyed that Lenore owns a sex shop. But what I struggled with was their relationship. Sure, Griffin is seriously messed up. That man needs about ten therapists. But the "show up - have sex - disappear" act was not appealing, and I still can't figure out why Lenore even got back with him. Sure, he needed a little saving, but I just didn't see that as something I would have put up with myself. However, there were a few funny and touching moments. So I forged on into the series...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment