Sunday, January 17, 2016

Review: Wicked All Night

Wicked All Night (Wicked Lovers #7.5)Wicked All Night by Shayla Black
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I took a break from my fan-fiction kick to dive back into the mound of TBR I have waiting for me. I wasn't disappointed. Even as a novella, Wicked All Night was a great start to my 2016 read list.

Decker is dark, dangerous and a bit of a puppy dog. He's sweet with an edge that makes you fall a little in love with him from the first moment. His instant possessiveness, drive to protect and serve, and need for justice makes my heart flutter for this enigmatic hottie.

My Decker - Chris Pratt


Rachel is your sweet, innocent, misunderstood school teacher without a way to see a fault in a soul. She's kind to a fault, willing to sacrifice her happiness for even the most undeserving (a.k.a. her ass-hat ex-husband Owen). I would compare her to Jane Bennet - so sickly sweet and innocent that you would want to hate her, but just can't. That, and she seems to instantly see the light inside the dark of Decker, and entices it out.

My Rachel - Odetta Annable


The story is, of course, too short and rushed. It's a novella - always too short for me. But it engages the reader and keeps you smiling until the end. Shayla is known for the danger element of her "Wicked Lovers" saga - not only D/S tempered but often personal safety issues for one or more of the characters. I enjoy this suspenseful element. It doesn't usually feel like she repeats herself, but this story does echo her story of Morgan and Jack from Wicked Ties. It still didn't take away from the narrative for me, however.

As always, Ms. Black has a way with steaming up her bedroom scenes - that's why she makes the big bucks. If you want to feel hot flashes, this is a good read for you. ;)

Off to read the next in the "Wicked Lovers" saga. Like Pringles, once you pop, you can't stop.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment